If you don't watch Doctor Who, you should. There are no words to describe how awesome it is. I only recently started watching, so I had about six seasons to catch up on. I've seen different enemies, different companions, and different sonic screwdrivers; but none of the changes mattered to me all that much. Except when David Tennant handed over the role of the Doctor to Matt Smith . . .
"David Tennant was the Tenth in a long line of Doctors, and considered by many to be the greatest Doctor there has ever been. But you may ask, doctor who? Who is this man (Timelord, actually) who travels through space and time in a blue box, saving the universe? Why should I miss him? Well, I'll tell you.
This was someone who wore a blue/brown pinstripe suit and trainers, along with a sand-colored trenchcoat. He sometimes wore glasses, but he didn't need them; he just thought they made him look a bit clever. He loved little shops, snow, and hated pears. He liked to say the french word "Allons-y", and the Italian phrase "Molto bene". He had such an ego, but for really excellent reasons. He had great hair, really great hair. He was always running, to and from danger, and he was definitely a little bit foxy. He talked, oh, all the time he talked, but he never really said anything. He was so very sad, so very broken, and so very alone.
He was frightening; he was terrible, vengeful, merciless, unstoppable, powerful, dangerous, and if he was allowed to go too far there was no telling what he was capable of. . . but he was also beautiful, brilliant, amazing, fantastic, geeky, passionate, and wonderful, and he has done many wonderful and terrible things. He has saved the universe countless times. Nobody ever said thank you but once, and he never asked them to.
He was my Doctor. My very first Doctor. And he is gone. After the last night of 2009 and the first morning of 2010, he was replaced. Replaced by a new Doctor. An Eleventh Doctor. Who knows, I may grow to like this new Doctor. . . . but I love my Doctor, and I'm going to miss him. I'm going to miss him very much."
If you are not a fan of the show, this may seem a bit over-dramatic . . .but you just don't understand : P
I didn't write this . . . I got it from a Doctor Who fan site, but I couldn't have said it any better myself. David Tennant will always be the Doctor in my eyes, no matter how many times he regenerates in the series from now on. David Tennant is the Doctor. Period.
"David Tennant was the Tenth in a long line of Doctors, and considered by many to be the greatest Doctor there has ever been. But you may ask, doctor who? Who is this man (Timelord, actually) who travels through space and time in a blue box, saving the universe? Why should I miss him? Well, I'll tell you.
This was someone who wore a blue/brown pinstripe suit and trainers, along with a sand-colored trenchcoat. He sometimes wore glasses, but he didn't need them; he just thought they made him look a bit clever. He loved little shops, snow, and hated pears. He liked to say the french word "Allons-y", and the Italian phrase "Molto bene". He had such an ego, but for really excellent reasons. He had great hair, really great hair. He was always running, to and from danger, and he was definitely a little bit foxy. He talked, oh, all the time he talked, but he never really said anything. He was so very sad, so very broken, and so very alone.
He was frightening; he was terrible, vengeful, merciless, unstoppable, powerful, dangerous, and if he was allowed to go too far there was no telling what he was capable of. . . but he was also beautiful, brilliant, amazing, fantastic, geeky, passionate, and wonderful, and he has done many wonderful and terrible things. He has saved the universe countless times. Nobody ever said thank you but once, and he never asked them to.
He was my Doctor. My very first Doctor. And he is gone. After the last night of 2009 and the first morning of 2010, he was replaced. Replaced by a new Doctor. An Eleventh Doctor. Who knows, I may grow to like this new Doctor. . . . but I love my Doctor, and I'm going to miss him. I'm going to miss him very much."
If you are not a fan of the show, this may seem a bit over-dramatic . . .but you just don't understand : P
I didn't write this . . . I got it from a Doctor Who fan site, but I couldn't have said it any better myself. David Tennant will always be the Doctor in my eyes, no matter how many times he regenerates in the series from now on. David Tennant is the Doctor. Period.
No comments:
Post a Comment